The treasurer of the Begoux Sri Lanka Business Council, Frederik Vandermarliere, features in the most recent issue of VOKA Tribune, the magazine of the Flemish Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
In the article, Mr. Vandermarliere talks about his family business J. Cortès Cigars and its growth strategy in Europe and in the 80 countries J. Cortès is exporting to.
The article is available in Dutch only. You can read it by clicking this link.
If you cannot read the article, we will hapily share 5 things you did not know about J. Cortès and its CEO:
– Frederik Vandermarliere spent 3. 5 years in Sri Lanka, running the plant.
– The Sri Lankan plant employs 1.350 people, compard to 150 for the Belgian plants.
– The annual production averages 500 million cigars.
– J. Cortès is in the world top 10 of cigar manufacturers.
– What Mr. Vandermarliere admires the most in Sri Lankan people is their enthusiasm.